This is a really quick and simple salad, great for a lunch or to be served as part of a wider spread. With peaches in season right now in the UK, it’s a great time to enjoy them, even better with a crisp cold glass of white wine.
Seared Peach and Proscuitto Salad (Serves 2 as a lunch)
2 large ripe Peaches
6 slices of Prosciutto or Parma Ham
1 bag of Watercress
A handful of Salted Pistachios (shelled)
Cracked Black Pepper
- Slice the peaches in half and remove the stone, then slice the halves into 3.
- Take each piece of prosciutto and slice length-ways.
- Wrap each piece of peach in a slice of prosciutto.
- Heat a flat bottomed pan and add some olive oil.
- Once nice and hot place each piece slice one side down into the hot oil.
- Cook for about a minute on each of the three sides, until the prosciutto is nice and crispy and brown.
- While they are cooking wash and de-stalk the watercress and place in the centre of your serving dish.
- Once the peaches and prosciutto are cooked on all sides, remove from the pan and place on top of the watercress.
- Crush the pistachios and sprinkle over the top, season with a little black pepper and drizzle some Balsamic Vinegar and enjoy!